Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Washington DC

Dustin and I got the opportunity to go to Washington DC in April. It was AWESOME!! I went out 5 days before Dustin for a work conference and then he flew out Saturday and we played til Tuesday! We stayed in Bethesda, MD (Which is the cutest place ever!). We took the metro to DC everyday. We were lucky enough to have Jim, Jess, and Alice come hang with us too! (Dustin's bro) I was pretty disappointed that I did not get to see Mari and her family. Maybe next time?


The first day was a "little" rainy/windy. (The day the tornadoes hit). We didn't skip a beat and got out on the town. We walked ALOT!! We had ALOT of fun! We fell in LOVE with each other all over again.








We saw a lot of monuments and museums. They were all pretty amazing. I had to get a picture of these orchids in honor of my Grandma Mary (miss you)



Here are some pics from some museums-







Abe's hatThe original Muppets




We came out of the museum to this weather-




Escalators in Bethesda- I thought they were awesomeJim, Alice, and Jessica


Jim and Dust wearing Grandpa Lawrence's hats (Dust brought them out to Jim)



































Robert E. Lee's home (just for you Rachel)













Escalator in Rosslyn- my Bro-Curt- said these are the 2nd longest/steepest escalators. They were pretty cool. Dustin and I rode them down twice and up once. We had to get the feel of both ways :)Of course we had to see the temple before we came home.








5 comments:

Shannon said...

Looks like FUN, Tacey! Glad you got to get away with your sweetie and have some fun. DC is a beautiful place...Ryan and I want to go there someday. Thanks for sharing your pics!

ToRi and cReW said...

Oh it looks awesome! I am jealous! That is one place I would love to go.
So glad you and Dustin had a good time together.

MeriAnn said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I am so glad!

Rachel said...

Wow, what a jam packed fun filled trip. Thanks for thinking of me and General Lee in the same thought - what an honor!! I will go there someday. Actually, I think I went there in high school but was too caught up with the boys from Chicago on our tour to remember!! Oh the shame!
Love The Wall, that is awesome and I love the WWII memorial. I really need to go back there now that I appreciate it!
Glad your trip was wonderful, despite the weather!

Josh & Jamie said...

I am so jealous. I love D.C. Looks like you had fun. Josh is coming to SLC for a week june 6-10 and wants you to call him. He lost your #. His is 435-690-9705