Sunday, May 22, 2011

Loving Running

Saturday, May 21st 2011, I accomplished one of my life long goals. I completed a Half Marathon!! This is the only picture Dustin was able to get before the camera battery died. I will get more pictures posted when I get them from my Mom and Emma. I ran it with Patti (my mother-in-law) and Kati (Emma's sister). It was mine and Patti's first half marathon. It felt so good to complete a goal I have always had. It feels good to run too (mentally and physically). Thanks to Patti and Kati for training with me and experiencing this with me. I will post about my official time when I get it. (in the pic- I am almost out of the picture- in all black)
April 30th was also a first- Me, my Dad, and Emiko ran a 5k together. It was a lot of fun. Richfield did a run for heroes and we thought it would be fun to do. I apparently still have some competitiveness in me- I ditched them in the run and just targeted one girl at a time to pass. I ended up coming in 5th out of the women. I was about 100 yds behind the 3rd place girl. It was a cold day but totally worth it! Thanks Dad and Emiko! I can't wait for the WORLDS FAIR!!!!








The grandkids running in with Grandpa- PRICELESS!!








Me, Anthony, Taylor and Larry(?) running in with Emiko.



3 comments:

James and Sandra said...

You are amazing! I don't know how you do it, especially in the cold. You are great at running, volleyball, basketball, and soccer. What don't you do?

ToRi and cReW said...

You are awesome and amazing!
That pic of your dad and the grandkids made me get all misty-eyed... so tender.

Rachel said...

Okay, returning to the very cool comments. You guys are very cool. nice nice nice job!!
World's Fair, here comes Tacey!